Walk in the Fat Burning Zone to Damned Belly Fat

Walking is a low-impact Cardio that can help lose weight and improve body composition. In particular, walking in the fat burning zone can help action visceral fat (considered the greatest harmful) that usually accumulates around the Waist. Here are three steps to help you lose weight.

CHECK YOUR HEART RATE

The first step to losing weight from the midline is to increase the heart rate during walking training to a Level that uses fat as the main source of energy. To achieve this specific intensity, your heart rate must be between 60 and 70% of your maximum heart rate.

A basic calculation that you can use to find your maximum heart rate is 220 minus your age. Once you have this number, you can use a Fitness app to determine your five heart rate zones. The fat burning zone is Zone 2. Using a fitness tracker app with a heart rate monitor is the easiest way to make sure you stay in the right Area during your workout.

Remember that when your heart rate rises, you burn more calories. However, if you burn more calories and elevate your heart in zones 3, 4 or 5, you will not necessarily burn more fat. In these areas, they use their sugar and carbohydrate reserves more than energy. If you stay in this moderate range, about 85% of the calories burned come from your fat reserves, with the remaining 15% coming from carbohydrates and proteins.

If you find it difficult to maintain a walking speed that keeps you in Zone 2, try electric walking, hand weights, Nordic walking sticks or walking on an inclined treadmill or trail to increase the intensity.

INCREASE THE DURATION

Shorter workouts of 30 minutes or less mainly consume sugar and carbohydrates for energy. However, since these energy reserves are relatively low during your workout, you will start using fats for energy instead.

The key is to aim for longer training sessions, ideally 45 minutes or more. It’s OKAY to start small when you’re just starting out and try to extend your walking workout by 5 to 10 minutes every week until you reach a duration that uses fat as your main fuel source. Since it takes longer, take advantage of the weekend or other days when there is more free time to increase your duration to about 90 minutes.

CHANGE YOUR TRAINING

Since this type of training is of low to moderate intensity, there is no peril that you will have problems if you do these workouts for consecutive days, as you would with a higher intensity workout.

However, the same type of training, day after day, can lead to mental exhaustion, burnout and a Plateau in your general fitness level. For this reason, if losing weight is your main goal, it is recommended that you do 3 to 4 of your weekly workouts by doing long-distance workouts in Zone 2.

Sometimes you can alternate your fat burning workouts with efforts of higher intensity and shorter duration. These efforts in zones 3, 4 and 5 will help you improve your walking speed, build muscle and burn a good total of calories in less time. Higher intensity workouts can also be ideal on days when you don’t have as much time to work out.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *